Friday, January 20, 2017

I sinned. Did Allah forgive me?

For the last couple of years, I can't really relate when scholars said "Allah is the Most Merciful", "Allah is Ar-Rahman". I never had my time to think and contemplate on the meaning of Ar-Rahman. The proof of Ar-Rahman. Until I heard the story of Jibrail a.s by Sheikh Omar Suleiman at Bayyinah.tv. Well, story of Jibrail a.s himself is quite an elaborate story.


But still,  I am touched on the story where, when Firaun/Phraoh was about to die, Jibrail a.s kick dirt onto his mouth to make sure that Firaun will not have the opportunity to repent or make duaa to Allah and ask for forgiveness. Jibrail a.s knew Allah s.w.t so well that he knew, if Firaun repent, Allah will forgive him. And I am stunned! Firaun got that chance? The one who declare himself as God? That Firaun?What did Allah said to Jibrail a.s when he kick dirt onto Firaun's mouth? Allah said "Kicking dirt onto his mouth won't change anything. If he repent, I will still forgive him if he repent". Of course Firaun did not. But can you see Allah's MERCY? He even show His mercy to the most arrogant person in mankind history.


And this got me thinking, Allah's mercy to us have no boundary. As long as we repent, He will forgive us. Allah is the one who create MERCY. He's the one who create mercy in a mother's heart to her children. He's the one who create mercy of a father towards his kids. He's the one who create mercy of human towards their pet. So His mercy himself is indescribable.


So whenever sister or brother come to me talking about their sins, I will smile at them at say, Allah is the most merciful. Hold that firmly in your heart. Perform your taubah. Go back to Allah. But never take Allah's mercy for granted.

No comments: